Saturday Quote-a-thon: Victor Borge

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010


I just rented (via my favorite Netflix) "The Best of Victor Borge." I may have to own this. I laughed and laughed. He can play, too.

I was so charmed I went and found some quotes of his because, hey, why not?

I only know two pieces; one is 'Clair de Lune' and the other one isn't.

Laughter is the closest distance between two people.

The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer.

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth.

He was happily married - but his wife wasn't.

I don't mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I've saved all year.

I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible... and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary.

My father invented a cure for which there was no disease and unfortunately my mother caught it and died of it.

Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year.

When an opera star sings her head off, she usually improves her appearance.

I normally don't do requests. Unless, of course, I have been asked to do so.

Occasionally, a finger comes up to wipe a tear from the eye... and that's my reward... the rest goes to the government.

When you go home, please drive home extremely carefully. Extremely carefully. Because I walk in my sleep!

I'm going to play it with both hands so that way I will get through with it a little faster.

I'm going to play it with both hands so that way I will get through with it a little faster.

There will be no dancing during this number... unless you absolutely have to!

I'm going to play a piece...by a Danish composer. Umm... Mozart. Hans Christian Mozart!

We have a neighbour. Well, who doesn't... but he's our next window neighbour, because he does not have a door at that end of the house!

One afternoon, when I was four years old, my father came home, and he found me in the living room in front of a roaring fire, which made him very angry. Because we didn't have a fireplace.

And now, in honour of the 150th anniversary of Beethoven's death, I would like to play "Clear the Saloon", er, "Clair de Lune", by Debussy. I don't play Beethoven so well, but I play Debussy very badly, and Beethoven would have liked that.
I wish these had already been part of my collection. I miss that talented man.

9 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations