Not Been in a Blogging Mood

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010

I wish I had a wonderful excuse why I haven't been writing blog posts or more assiduously following everyone else. I've tried to keep up with all of you, but I haven't seemed to have anything of import to say myself. I don't have a great excuse. I haven't been swamped or overcome or hit by a bus. I just haven't been driven to write a post.

Maybe I've said all I have to say.

Or maybe the mood will hit me again.

Between my three blogs, I've written over 750 posts (not counting those I haven't yet reused from the now-defunct today. com). Since I've made a point of saying something of meaning in the vast majority of those posts, that's a great deal.

Politics, science, writing, history, philosophy, quotes. I'm a dabbler and I've enjoyed it. But I don't want to write a post to check a box or meet a quota. I want, if I'm writing, to do it because it calls to me. For some reason, the passion I once had to write blogs seems to be on the wane.

Still, it's here. And, who knows, I might get the drive again. Or regurgitate other "greatest hits." Just wanted you all to know I haven't forgotten you; nor am I ungrateful for the readership and fascinating comments I've often received. But if I want my blog to mean something, I should write it when I'm impelled to write it.

And, at the moment, I'm not (as this rambler can demonstrate).

I hope you'll stop by now and again in case I find some untapped well of inspiration that currently eludes me.

Your patience is appreciated.

9 comments:

  • Roy
     

    I wondered where you'd gotten to! Luckily, my blog roll is set up so that you move to the top of the list when you post something, so I'll always know when you're back.

  • Kathy
     

    I hear ya sister. I'm not in the mood either. Most times when I'm in a writing funk, it's because I don't have anything to write about. But this time it feels more like a lack of desire. Maybe it's the weather change, or maybe it's because my day job is sucking me dry. Either way, the Junk Drawer is empty for now.

    Have a good weekend.

  • Darrell B. Nelson
     

    I had been wondering where you disappeared too as well. I figured you were writing up a storm on your book.
    Don't worry I'll keep stopping by.

  • The Mother
     

    I have never figured out how you kept up with three blogs. I find myself having trouble keeping up with one! And I don't even have a full-time job.

    It's not worth doing if it stresses you out. Seriously--take a break.

  • flit
     

    Obviously I can't really say anything, since I'm doing well if I get to mine even once a month. The only one I'm doing regularly is the dog blog these days.

  • Jeff King
     

    I'll be ready and waiting as usual.

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    I, like The Mother, have but one blog... and I still post only sporadically.

    Don't worry about it. I'll keep checking by, and all will be well. Just find what does float your boat right now, and do that.

    I'm off to novel it. No time for blog posts.

  • Aron Sora
     

    It's cause you only want to put out high quality stuff, I think you'll never, ever just whip up some junk and slap it up here. That's why you need this break, that's why you're epic, that's why we're loyal. Don't worry about it.

  • Joanne Olivieri
     

    Just the fact that you wrote this post tells me you have overcome any writer's block. We all go through that phase of not wanting to get the blog out there. You just have to do it when the mood strikes.

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations