Nature's Wonders

>> Friday, August 20, 2010

I don't take pictures. I should, but I don't. There's a number of reasons for this, not the least of which is that it would take too much effort for me to be good enough to really like my photography.

And, what I really like are spectacular weather photos. I guess I like the sky. Misty moons and layered clouds, sunsets and storms, rainbows and lightning. It's all good, but not always accessible.

So, last year, when I stumbled on this on snopes, I was awed. As usual, they linked to the original source and I'm doing that with these pictures as well. I took none of them and they are actual pictures of a lightning storm over the erupting volcano Chaiten in Chile. They were taken by Carlos Garcia.
Of course, there are down sides to living near something so awesomely beautiful as this AP photo demonstrates:
More pictures of the aftermath can be found here.

7 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations