>> Monday, March 15, 2010
Relax Max did this on his blog and I enjoyed it, even though I did poorly guessing the classics. A large part of that is that I have very eclectic tastes in books (not necessarily the "classics").
These are among my favorites science fiction and/or fantasy books. I wonder how many of these will be recognized among my readers? (Note that Fahrenheit 451 is not one of them; I don't actually own it. The rest of these books I own).
- He walked with the assurance of stature, and most others deferred to him subtly.
- One of the few redeeming facets of instructors, I thought, is that occasionally they can be fooled.
- A merry little surge of electricity piped by automatic alarm from the mood organ beside his bed awakened Rick Dreckard.
- At 10:30 am, sharp, James Eckert pulled up in front of Stoddard Hall on the Riveroak College campus, where Grottwold Weinar Hansen had his lab.
- Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
- Lessa woke, cold.
- In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul.
- I'm an old man now, but I was already past my prime when Arthur was crowned King.
- Eight chants past midsong: twilight.
- I see in the Lunaya Pravda that Luna City Council has passed on first reading a bill to examine, license, inspect--and tax--public food vendors operating inside the municipal pressure.