Ten Science Fiction/fantasy Books

>> Monday, March 15, 2010


Relax Max did this on his blog and I enjoyed it, even though I did poorly guessing the classics. A large part of that is that I have very eclectic tastes in books (not necessarily the "classics").

These are among my favorites science fiction and/or fantasy books. I wonder how many of these will be recognized among my readers? (Note that Fahrenheit 451 is not one of them; I don't actually own it. The rest of these books I own).

  1. He walked with the assurance of stature, and most others deferred to him subtly.
  2. One of the few redeeming facets of instructors, I thought, is that occasionally they can be fooled.
  3. A merry little surge of electricity piped by automatic alarm from the mood organ beside his bed awakened Rick Dreckard.
  4. At 10:30 am, sharp, James Eckert pulled up in front of Stoddard Hall on the Riveroak College campus, where Grottwold Weinar Hansen had his lab.
  5. Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
  6. Lessa woke, cold.
  7. In the week before their departure to Arrakis, when all the final scurrying about had reached a nearly unbearable frenzy, an old crone came to visit the mother of the boy, Paul.
  8. I'm an old man now, but I was already past my prime when Arthur was crowned King.
  9. Eight chants past midsong: twilight.
  10. I see in the Lunaya Pravda that Luna City Council has passed on first reading a bill to examine, license, inspect--and tax--public food vendors operating inside the municipal pressure.
I'm doing the same thing with "classics" on Rockets and Dragons and my favorite non-classic/non SF/Fantasy works on Ask Me Anything.

8 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations