Introducing Rockets and Dragons, Because I'm a Glutton for Punishment

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010


So, here I am, trying to juggle writing projects, reading up on marketing (and finding it surprisingly fascinating-what people are looking for, what's "important"), studying up on agents, studying up on story markets, polishing stories.

You know and working full-time (gotta finish that paper, and get another published, and go through a huge set of requirements and finish a safety analysis- ack!). Then, there is the little matter of a house full of people important to me. Heck, I barely have time to write on either of my blogs.

So, I figured the perfect thing to do was...start another blog.

/Slaps head

Did she really say that? Now don't start calling the guys in white coats just yet. There is a method to my madness.

First, lately, I've been consumed with writing on this blog. Now, many of you are involved with writing one way or the other, but it's not exactly....well, rocket science and that aspect is getting more and more lost. This blog is great for discussing everything that comes into my head, philosophy or politics or science or whatever. But, when I get on the writing kick, it can just take over.

Secondly, I'm reluctant to advertise me too loudly here. I like to say what I think and some folks I work with might get worked up over it. Hopefully not, but you never know. But this site isn't about me the writer so much as it is, or was intended to be, me the overall jill-of-all-trades.

So, I started a new blog about the writing endeavors of Lee and myself at Rockets and Dragons. Which not only gives me an outlet for my writing musings, but is also a potential marketing tool. On it, I'll put up stats and stuff on stories or novels I am marketing or working on. I might even tease with the occasional snippet. I'll put up writing specific links on the side, and we can down and dirty talking writing and books and whatnot, but writer-related whatnot. Hopefully, that means fewer arguments with Relax Max.

I copied some of our recent posts here and I'll be carrying on that conversation over there.

I'll still do this one, though, depending on what's going on, especially the quote-a-thons and the soapboxes as the urge takes me. And I'm not taking Ask Me Anything down either. I just need more than one question to justify coming off of hiatus.

Try to think of it as one new way to enjoy the old me, except for it being much like the old way, except for it being, you know, more focused. Hopefully.

Do check it out. I just did the curtains.

4 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations