Sunday Soapbox: Short and, uh, Short

>> Sunday, November 1, 2009


*Steps on soapbox*

I love my family and sometimes things happen that require my attention all day. Yesterday, it was doing Halloween stuff all day (including taking the whole family to the Reading Circle) and, of course, trick-or-treating. It was our anniversary (my husband and I) and we spent the day with family. By the time everyone came home exhausted, I felt I had to blog since I'm been so spotty during the week. So, the novel, with a scene half finished, stayed unwritten.

Last night, I slept poorly, though not as badly as the night before when I woke up with migraines twice. However, when I woke up this morning (sort of late), I had figured out how I was ending my novel. But the kids were up already. After the daily saving time mind-frazzle, kids were confused and freaked and Lee decided to take all to the zoo to take advantage of the good weather. And we did (and it was quite nice), but, I came home and had to finish the laundry, and do chores and get the kids ready for bed, and blog and...

So, instead of spending a lot of time here telling you that you should take the time to do what's important instead of letting everything nickel and dime it away, I'm going to say, see ya! I got a novel that's calling out for more work on it tonight!

*Leaps off soapbox and runs to my Word Perfect where the novel is just waiting for me*

3 comments:

  • The Mother
     

    Wait--are you telling me that a filthy kitchen and laundry and kids are supposed to be HIGHER priorities than finishing a novel???

    I think I missed that memo. Drat. I guess I need to clean my kitchen

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Did I mention cleaning the kitchen? No, but catboxes had to be cleaned and the cats fed. And laundry is my task because I insist on clean clothes for work (and can only assure I have them if I'm doing the laundry).

    My kids are less self-sufficient than yours, too, since they're still in the single digits, age-wise.

  • flit
     

    I don't know how you manage it all with kidlets that young; I couldn't have done it

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations