What I've Been Busy With the Past Two Days

>> Sunday, July 12, 2009

Which is also why I'm not writing much today. Yes, I've been making jewelry because my husband's family reunion is coming up and we need items for the raffle (which pays for it). But, I stink at taking pictures, so I asked my daughter to do it. It was "I don't know where my camera is - maybe at Dad's maybe *somewhere in my room*." So she used her cell phone and, though she got a great picture of Dax...


The jewelry (this is the one I made her) photographs didn't come out too well, at least not as well as the jewelry.


So I asked Lee to help out. These three are necklace/bracelet sets to raffle for the reunion.



And this is the necklace I made for my baby, Roxy. She loves it and hated going to bed without it.
This is the one I made for Lee, all in black, white and silver.

And Alex wanted one, too. These are acrylic beads but he likes it.


Back to "normal" tomorrow.

7 comments:

  • flit
     

    those are very cool...Roxie's is my favourite

  • Aron Sora
     

    Those are so cool, they must have taken you forever.

    Are those real gems and polished rocks?

    Badjoke
    How many NASA engineers does it take to start a jewelry factory?
    Undefined because weather will block the project 3 times in a row. (The factory would be in space, of course)
    /Badjoke

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    I like Roxy's, too. You can't tell in the picture, but the center stone is goldstone and really looks great in the light. It's not technically a gemstone, but glass with flakes of copper in it so it sparkles. I love it.

    Aron, they really didn't take that long, maybe 7 hours total, made complicated by the cats and small ones wanting to "help". There are real gemstones in there (really semiprecious - amethyst, peridot, garnet, tigereye) and some more excellent stones, but not necessarily gem-, stones. There's snowflake obsidian and clear quartz, lapiz and malachite. And more. There are also glass beads, some acrylic beads and even some brass and wooden beads. I like to shake things up. There's magnetic hematite on Lee's necklace.

  • The Mother
     

    You're right, Lee is a far better photographer.

    Very nice stuff.

  • Quadmama
     

    The jewelry looks fantastic. How do you find the time?

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Quadmama, I don't which is why I hadn't made any in maybe a year. I hadn't realized how much I miss it, how much I like to play with colors and get something unique, even if it's "just beads". Clearly, I'll have to find more time.

    The Mother, Stephanie is a fine photographer. This was a lack of initiative, not talent.

  • Patricia Rockwell
     

    Wow! I tried jewelry making a while back but discovered I had no talent for it. You are great!

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations