Thieving Thursday: Embarrassing Exes

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009


JD of I Do Things was explaining how she embarrassed her husband by telling "all" in her blog. Naturally, I had to mention that I did the same with my family members but no one could beat my ex-husband in generating embarrassing or idiotic episodes. A situation which my sister endorsed. Believe me, I spent many years apologizing for his

Naturally, JD called me on my assertion so it's time to prove it.

My is an undereducated, bullying, bigoted, rednecky numbskull. This situation is made worse because he didn't have to be. His father and his father's family are well educated, knowledgeable, reasonable, even exceptionally nice people. His mother, well-- (I've got stories there, too).

I can demonstrate his intelligence readily: He's a cop. He thinks seatbelts are dangerous.

There are plenty of examples of course, like the time he told his neighbor how "hilarious" it was watching a cat torn to shreds (yes, killed) by neighborhood dogs, knowing this same neighbor (another cop) had owned this cat. Yes, I did a great deal of apologizing.

But rather than focus on his lack of intelligence (or mine for living with him for twelve years), I'd like to focus on his gullibility. X and I were watching a Behind the Scenes show on the movie Willow. For those of you who haven't seen it, there are actual "little people" (people with drawfism) playing the halflings and a number of regular-sized people. There were also people playing brownies wherein, using movie magic, they were made to look about 8 inches tall.

Well, the running gag on this behind the scene show was the "good luck" in finding "ten inch tall" actors to play the brownies. This gag had been going on for some time and I'm laughing. I can't imagine anyone over the age of five falling for the obvious joke. At that moment, X turns to me, and in a voice of complete credulity, "Can you believe that? Imagine finding people ten inches tall like that!"

(And for those of you who think he might have been joking, let me tell you, it took me forty-five minutes to convince me he'd been had.)

Nope, he's not missed.

9 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations